Coronavirus (COVID-19) guidance & safeguards at Northfield Group
Effective 10 June 2020
Northfield Group and its subsidiaries and controlled companies has implemented a number of safeguards over the course of the past few months to minimise the risks on our employees, clients and communities arising from the COVID-19 health pandemic. We have been complying strictly with the guidance from the Government and health authorities of our hosting countries.
We have implemented the following:
- Gradually allowed our people to return to the office on a team rotation basis and resume full support services in the office;
- Encouraged our people to continue working from home where possible;
- Committed to continue serving our clients and staying agile in how we respond to their needs;
- Encouraged our people to continue leveraging the use of technology to conduct virtual meetings internally and with clients;
- Implemented physical distancing and other health and safety measures as prescribed by the authorities;
- Requested our visitors to register when visiting our offices.
Working with clients to safeguard the health and safety of our people
Northfield requests our clients to take their own measures to respond to COVID-19, in accordance with guidelines from the World Health Organisation (WHO).
If you are an organisation with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 and Northfield clients or employees may be affected, we ask that you immediately notify your preferred Northfield contact.
Guidelines on events (internal and external)
For the time being, we have cancelled all internal or external events, as we endeavour to do our part to protect the health and safety of our employees, clients, and the communities around us. Where possible these events have been conducted virtually.
COVID-19 is an evolving situation. We will update this page as and when there are further developments.